Colours, flavours and fragrances!
Markets take place on village squares and in Les Halles in Avignon.
Savour an area rich with authentic products.
COVERED MARKET OF AVIGNON
The Avignon market, Les Halles, is also known as the belly of Avignon. It stands proudly on Place Pie, the true historical centre of Avignon. “Les Halles centrales” came into existence in the late 1800’s and the market continues to this day, popular for daily food shopping for local residents and tourists alike. Inside Les Halles, some forty shopkeepers present their specialties with the best the region has to offer. Fruit, vegetables, cheese, organic meat, rotisserie, fresh fish, pastries, boulangerie, wine… A veritable treasure trove of good food! Add lively events such as the cooking demonstrations at La Petite Cuisine des Halles, bars where you can snack and a little restaurant and you will perfectly understand why Les Halles is where it’s at and where food lovers get together in the morning!
VILLENEUVE LEZ AVIGNON
Discover the weekly market
Every Thursday morning, Place Charles David comes alive with market stalls that set up in the early morning. People stream to the market from far and wide, to do their shopping and for the joy of meeting up. There is every kind of market stall in a quintessential Provençal atmosphere.
The Villeneuve market is easily one of the most beautiful markets in the Avignon area due to the quality of its products. Sun-gorged fruit in the summer, traditional fall vegetables come September … the market offers the best of the region with each changing season. Marketing means taking your time and putting all five senses to work as you pick up local treasures and listen to local expressions.
- Vedène, Place du Petit Pont
- Roquemaure, Place de la Pousterle
- Entraigues-sur-la-Sorgue, Place de la Mairie
- Morières-les-Avignon, Place de la Liberté
- Caumont-sur-Durance, Place Jean Jaurès
- Le Pontet, Place Joseph Thomas
- Pujaut, Place du Marché
- Villeneuve lez Avignon, Place Charles David
- Les Angles, Place Roger Isnard
- Sauveterre, Place du Marché
- Rochefort-du-Gard, Place de la République
- Saint-Saturnin-lès-Avignon, Place des Cafés
- Villeneuve lez Avignon, Place Charles David.